The Choose to Save® Program
Financial security is one of the most important issues for most Americans. Whether it's putting kids through college, saving for an emergency, buying a house, or saving for retirement - having enough money for life's demands is among our biggest concerns. And yet, many Americans have not taken even the first steps toward a secure financial future.
The Emmy and Telly award-winning Choose to Save® national public education and outreach program is dedicated to raising awareness about the need to plan and save for long-term personal financial security.
As part of its mission, Choose to Save® develops user-friendly, multimedia materials to help individuals plan and save for their financial future, including:
- Public service announcements (PSAs) using humor, powerful images, and compelling information to encourage viewers (and listeners) to take charge of their financial future.
- ChoosetoSave.org- a Web site completely devoted to financial education. It includes free savings tools such as:
- Ballpark E$timate® retirement planning worksheet and interactive tool
- Many online calculators provided by ASEC partner organizations
- 14 Brochures giving readers valuable information on savings issues
- Savings tips on a wide range of savings topics
- Links to related resources arranged by subject category and alphabetically
- Savingsman™ is an Emmy and Telly Award winning public education program that educates the public to make informed decisions in order to build wealth not debt.
Developed by the Employee Benefit Research Institute (EBRI) and its American Savings Education Council (ASEC) program, Choose to Save® utilizes the power of the media to promote the idea that saving today is vital to a secure financial future.
All of the Choose to Save® public service announcements were developed and produced for broadcast in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area by CTS media partners WJLA-TV/ABC7 and Bonneville International Corp.–WTOP Radio. The National Association of Broadcasters and the Associated Press provide additional national television and radio distribution of the public service announcements. Choose to Save® PSA, Web site, and materials development receive the financial support of EBRI members and ASEC partner institutions.